Design for Values: Sharpen Your Business Proposition
Sharpen your business proposition by learning how to systematically integrate values (such as sustainability, safety, equity and privacy) into the design of new technologies or products in your organization. This will ensure a strategic win-win outcome for both society and your business.
By the end of this online course, you will be able to:
- Critically scrutinize your product design to identify and address ethical issues that your products may give rise to.
- Translate values into design requirements using the ‘values hierarchy’.
- Apply ‘design for values’ as a way to systematically integrate ethical and societal values (such as sustainability, safety, equity and privacy) into the design of your own technology or projects.
- Recognize how values play a role in design processes and identify the different stakeholders involved.
- Make better decisions in the design process of socially acceptable products and technologies.
- Recognize value conflicts in design -even if or after values have been built into them- and develop strategies to overcome them.
- Improve your ability to communicate the choices you make in your design in terms of underlying values.
Responsible Innovation: Ethics, Safety and Technology
A course for all engineering students who are looking for a methodical approach to judge responsible innovations from a broader – societal- perspective.
Strategic Leadership for Responsible Innovation
A course for entrepreneurs, business executives, developers and managers who are eager to think ‘out-of-the-box’ about social responsibility and technological innovation within their organization.
Online Courses on Design for Sustainability
Citizens Co-Creating Sustainable Cities
Citizens can be co-creators of sustainable cities when they engage in city politics or in the design of the urban environment and its technologies and infrastructure. This course address topics such as participative democracy and legitimacy, ICTs and big data, infrastructure and technology, and SMART technologies in daily life.
Sustainable Energy: Design a Renewable Future
In this engineering course, you will learn how to assess the potential for energy reduction and the potential of renewable energy sources like wind, solar and biomass. You’ll learn how to integrate these sources in an energy system, like an electricity network and take an engineering approach to look for solutions and design a 100% sustainable energy system.
Other Online Courses Related to Design for Values
Urban Design for the Public Good: Dutch Urbanism
This course will focus on a unique Dutch approach to urban planning and design. We will analyze how it can help those involved with urban planning and design to improve the physical environment in relation to the public good it serves, including safety, well-being, sustainability and even beauty
Culture Sensitive Design
This course is geared towards working design professionals who want to gain insight into why culture is relevant for their work, through what lens they can study culture and how they can examine culture and apply the results to their work.