Researchers at Delft University of Technology who are working on design for values are cordially invited to make use of this 2018 call for proposals for the “DDFV Open Subsidy”. The aim of this subsidy is to stimulate cooperation across groups towards more synergy and increase the visibility, awareness, and outreach of Design for Values activities.
Examples of activities that can be funded include, but are not limited to: the organization of workshops and seminars, the execution of proof of concept experiments, the preparation of larger research grant applications, the development of new teaching materials, and hosting foreign guest researchers. Examples of projects that were funded through last year’s call can be found on our website.
- Researchers from all DDFV faculties (Architecture, EEMCS, IDE, TPM) having a contract at least until 1 September 2019 can apply.
- A subsidy of around €5-7K per proposal can be requested.
- The proposal should be a joint proposal by members of at least two DDFV faculties (Architecture, EEMCS, IDE, TPM).
- Each applicant may only be involved in one proposal per round.
- Priority is given to applicants who did not have an accepted proposal in a previous round.
- The proposal must contribute to the DDFV vision and research themes.
- Activities should be open to all members of DDFV, whenever possible.
- Events, project outputs, etc. are announced through the DDFV website and newsletters.
- The funding from the DDFV Institute is acknowledged in the project’s team communications whenever appropriate, with use of logo.
- The project team is requested to deliver content for the DDFV website, an update for the DDFV annual report, and to present the project at the DDFV playground meetings.
- Requests must be submitted through the online application form.
- Please include proposers, description of planned activities and timeline, contribution to DDFV vision and research themes, and budget and requested amount with argumentation in the application.
- Deadline for applications: 2 September 2018
- Results will be communicated in the first week of October 2018.