Researchers at Delft University of Technology who are working on design for values are cordially invited to make use of this 2019 call for proposals for the “DDfV Open Subsidy”. The aim of this subsidy is to catalyze design for values research, by stimulating cooperation and synergy across groups and increasing the visibility and outreach of Design for Values activities.
A subsidy of €5-7K per proposal can be requested. Examples of activities that can be funded include, but are not limited to: the preparation of larger research grant applications, the development of new teaching materials, the execution of proof of concept experiments, and hosting foreign guest researchers. Examples of projects that were funded through previous calls can be in the Projects section.
Funding for events can be requested through our Events Subsidy program.
Who can apply
- Researchers from all DDfV faculties (Architecture, EEMCS, IDE, TPM, CEG) having a contract at least until 1 September 2020 can apply.
- This year, it is also possible for previous seed projects to submit a second proposal, for a next step ahead building on the results of the previous project.
- Each applicant may only be involved in one proposal per round.
Conditions for application
- The proposal contributes to the DDfV vision and research themes.
- The proposal is a joint proposal by members of at least two DDfV faculties (Architecture, EEMCS, IDE, TPM, CEG).
- The project team will hold a kickoff meeting with a sparring partner from DDfV’s MT, to align the goals of the project with those of the institute.
- Activities are open to all members of DDfV, whenever reasonable. At least one event will be organized to share the results of the project with a larger audience.
- Events, project outputs, etc. are announced through the DDfV website and newsletters.
- The project team will deliver content for the DDfV website where the project will be on display, and an update for the DDfV annual report upon request.
- The project will be presented at one of the DDfV playground meetings.
- The funding from the DDfV Institute is acknowledged in the project team’s communications whenever appropriate, with use of logo.
- The project will be finished before the summer of 2020.
- Requests must be submitted through the online application form.
- Please include applicants, description of planned activities and timeline, contribution to DDfV vision and research themes, and budget and requested amount with argumentation in the application.
- Deadline for applications: 3 June 2019
- Results will be communicated in the first week of July 2019.
For questions, please send and e-mail to DDfV-Institute@tudelft.nl.