Explainable Artificial Intelligence and Conversational Agents are hot topics. These days, it is possible to encounter humanoid speaking robots like Pepper, NAO, and Sophia in shops, airports, or hospitals. Smart living assistants such as Amazon Echo, Google Home, and Microsoft Cortana are slowly conquering our homes and our cars. Additionally, speaking avatars are being developed for education and therapy. Although all these agents have different embodiments, they share one thing: it is possible to converse with them. But what is the quality of the conversation? Are the agents good communication partners? And can we believe what they tell us? Why and how do they make certain choices?
A workshop with among others presentations on:
- Self-explaining Social Robots for Health Education
- Robots that Listen to People’s Hearts
- Transparency in decision making based on deep learning models
- Enhancing Trust in Autonomous Vehicles
- Talking about actions and values for behavior support